Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Suitcase Side Table & Bennett's 7 months.

Please tell me.. where in the world does the time go? 
It seems like just yesterday I was in the hospital holding this boy in my arms for the first time.. (Photos below,please excuse my appearance.. I had just, well you know.. had a baby & all.) 


 My 7 lbs 3 oz, baby boy Schmidt, all warm and snuggly. We blinked & tomorrow this itty bitty baby, Bennett, will be 7 months old & is now weighing in at a whopping 17 or so lbs! Still, just as adorable of course! 
I am so beyond in love with my boy! Everyday I wake up & can not wait to see his beautiful face, hear his little laugh & hold his tiny hands. ( :( Slow down Bennett, Mommy wants you to stay little forever!!)
Ok, ok I will stop with the mushy stuff now.

Here is a peak into Mister B's room, with my DIY suitcase side table plus a few small added details to add to our story nook corner. 
& here it goes... 







  

What do you think? 
I had the suitcase from previous photo projects & was waiting for the perfect project opportunity to present itself. I considered turning it into a foot stool or small ottoman for the end of my bed, however was inspired by a friends fathers suitcase turned side table he had made for her. 
I fell in love but wanted to twist it to make it my own unique creation. I think the outcome is  quite adorbs!
All of my supplies other than the suitcase itself were found at Lowes. 
I chose to use a light blue color by Valspar called Tranquility. When I reveal Bennett's full room you will see it is the same color as his bed spread and a shade or two lighter than an accent wall I painted, so it really pulls the whole room together. When he grows out of it, it will look cute in any other room as well! 
I sanded, painted, clear coated, & assembled & there we have it! A fresh look to something old!
The shelf was built from old pallets, originally made to display my wine, but now nicely displays a few of many Bennett's books & a few abc's! The photo behind the chair was an old frame I had sitting in my decor closet (yes.. decor closet.. doesn't everyone have one of those? ha ha), I lined the inside of the frame with a colorful patterned wrapping paper, for easy and inexpensive art work! 

Happy 7 months my baby B! 
I can't wait to read many more stories with you in your new story time nook!




Isn't he the sweetest. How did I get so lucky?!

Amanda (Bennett's Mommy)









No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear what you think! Comment away!!